How to submit music
Jamza Radio is an online radio station that is licensed by CAPASSO in South Africa (in agreement with SAMRO). Jamza Radio plays over 90% South African music with the other 10% being music from other countries. In order to conform to the licence requirements, Jamza Radio has to report on all songs that have played out on the station. In order for Jamza Radio to be able to report correctly to CAPASSO, the following details are required from artists/labels that submit music:
- Song title
- Artist name
- Album name (if the song is taken of an album)
- Author/s (of the lyrics)
- Composer/s (of the music)
- Publisher (if the music has been published)
- Record label (if the song was released by a record label)
- Year that the song was released
- ISRC code (if the song has a code)
- Country (where artist originates from)
Length of song: Please be aware that the length of the song could affect the decision to include the song on the playlist. Radio-friendly songs are normally around 3:30 – 3:45 minutes, but sometimes could be up to 4:00 minutes. Songs longer than 4 minutes will still be considered, but Jamza Radio would prefer a radio edit of the song.
HOW TO SUBMIT MUSIC: There are several ways to submit music to Jamza Radio:
- High quality MP3’s (192kbit/s and higher) can be submitted
- You can send us a download link of an mp3, (eg. datafilehost). You can also send us a links from Soundcloud, Reverbnation,etc. BUT please make sure that the download functionality is enabled for that song.
- All songs or links, together with the song details must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Countries that we will accept music from: South Africa and any other country in the world, taking into account that we will give preference to South African artists on our playlists.
If you have any queries, please use the “Contact Us Now” form on the main menu.
If you wish to send a physical CD to the station, please send an email to: email@example.com requesting our post box address.
The Jamza Playlist Team