How to submit music
Jamza Radio is an online radio station that is licensed by CAPASSO in South Africa (in agreement with SAMRO). Jamza Radio plays over 90% South African music with the other 10% being music from other countries. In order to conform to the licence requirements, Jamza Radio has to report on all songs that have played out on the station. In order for Jamza Radio to be able to report correctly to CAPASSO, the following details are required from artists/labels that submit music:
- Song title
- Artist name (include featured artist where applicable)
- Author/s (of the lyrics)
- Composer/s (of the music)
- ISRC code (if you have one for the song)
- Month and year of release
- Record label (if the song has been released by a record label)
- Publisher (if the music has been published)
- Country where artist is from
- Artist picture – you can send us a good quality picture of the artist (include featured artist where applicable)
Length of song: Please be aware that the length of the song could affect the decision to include the song on the playlist. Radio-friendly songs are normally around 3:30 – 3:45 minutes, but sometimes could be up to 4:00 minutes. Songs longer than 4 minutes will still be considered, but Jamza Radio would prefer a radio edit of the song.
Explicit words: please note that we will not play any song that has explicit words of a sexual nature, racism, or any other derogatory language that demeans or insults people.
HOW TO SUBMIT MUSIC: There are several ways to submit music to Jamza Radio:
- High quality MP3’s (192kbit/s and higher) can be submitted
- You can send us a download link of an mp3, (eg. datafilehost). You can also send us a link from Soundcloud, Reverbnation,etc. BUT please make sure that the download functionality is enabled for that song.
- All songs or links, together with the song details must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Countries that we will accept music from: South Africa and any other country in the world, taking into account that we will give preference to South African artists on our playlists.
If you have any queries, please use the “Contact Us Now” form on the main menu.
If you wish to send a physical CD to the station, please send an email to: email@example.com requesting our post box address.
The Jamza Playlist Team